Step 3. Reviewing Applications
Applications may be reviewed by the hiring manager and search committee as they are received but you are encouraged to wait at least one week after posting before beginning interviews. This waiting period provides time for the pool to develop, and it ensures that most applicants are considered.
- Access applications at go.wlu.edu/interfolio. The Interfolio Guide for Committee Members is available for guidance.
- Review the application, cover letter and resume information to determine if the applicant meets the minimum requirements as outlined on the job description, and has provided the required information. Review the resume to determine how the strengths and weaknesses compare to the position requirements. Candidates who do not meet the advertised minimum requirements should not be interviewed or hired.
- Applications are released directly to the hiring department and are bypassing review by HR, please keep the following points in mind as you review the applications:
- hiring managers must be sure the applicant has answered "yes" to the question of whether s/he is eligible to work in the U.S. If not, the hiring manager should contact the Assistant Director for Talent Recruitment.
- hiring managers will also be responsible for reviewing the question about convictions and making sure applicants complete all of the questions in this section. If there are convictions, contact Human Resources for their review.
- and finally - hiring managers will need to call HR prior to arranging interviews so HR can review applications for applicants who may not be eligible to be considered. (Former W&L employee not eligible for re-hire, convictions, legally able to work, etc.). HR will also be able, at this point, to notify Executive Director of HR of internal candidates.
- Sierra can provide training on Interfolio review and reporting to make checking these data points quick and easy. She can also provide helpful reports prior to the first committee meeting.
- It is the hiring managers' responsibility to contact Sierra Gray weekly during the search to provide an update on the status - otherwise candidates will be referred to you for updates.