Local Food Options
Interested in eating locally? A CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share is essentially a subscription to a farm or other local food supplier. The subscription format provides you with fresh, local produce (and eggs, cheese, meat, etc.) and allows farmers some predictability of demand and assurance that their hard work will end up eaten.
Washington and Lee provides payroll deduction options for Azul Acres CSA shares. We hope the ability to spread the cost over several months will make local food options an affordable choice for W&L employees. For questions, please contact Andrea Velasquez firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the Azul Acres CSA program will receive weekly buckets full of sustainably grown produce. Support wholesome farming, the environment & your health by joining our CSA program. Accepting sign-ups through June 1, 2022.
- Eat local, fresh, and support your local farms
- Wednesday weekly pick-ups/drop offs
- Guaranteed weekly farm goods for 20 weeks (June-October)
- Each bucket serves 2-4 people
- Weekly newsletter with updates, events, facts, and recipes
- Compost Program: Place all food scraps in your bucket and return on pick-up day
- Complimentary admission to all Azul Acres' events & dinners
- Serving areas of Staunton, Waynesboro, Lexington, Charlottesville & Harrisonburg