COVID Use Policies
Fitness Center COVID Specific Policies
- Open only to W&L faculty staff and students
- Time-slots must be reserved in advance
- Users must show ID and proof of attestation at front desk upon check-in
- Mask must be worn at all times
- Hand sanitizer is available and encouraged
- Please disinfect all equipment before and after each use. Gym wipes are provided throughout the facility
- Please respect physical distance guidelines in open areas
- Please respect occupancy guidelines for each area
- Some items will be available for check out. You must leave your ID. Items must be returned after use for disinfection. No sharing of items.
- Two person spotting is recommended
- The following groups have access to the fitness center:
- W&L University undergraduate students
- W&L University Law students and their spouse/domestic partner
- W&L employees and their spouse/domestic partner, and college-age and younger dependents
- W&L alumni living in Rockbridge County and their spouse/domestic partner, and college-age and younger dependents
- All users under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- All users must sign in at the front desk.
- No food is permitted in the Fitness Center.
- Drinks must be in non-glass containers with secure screw-top lids.
- Users may not bring outside personal trainers into the W&L Fitness Center to conduct personal training sessions.
- Headphones are required for personal music devices. Please be courteous with volume.
Health & Hygiene
For the health and safety of all users:
- Wipe down cardio, strength equipment, mats and stability balls after use.
- Injuries that include bleeding must be covered and cleaned up immediately. Please notify Fitness Center Attendant.
- Those who are ill with fever or other potentially contagious illness should NOT use the Fitness Center until they are symptom-free for 24 hours.
- Proper fitness attire is required including a clean full-length t-shirt/ tank top (no crop tops), shorts/athletic pants, and closed toed athletic shoes.
- Clothing with inappropriate/offensive graphics and/or language is not permitted.
Equipment & Etiquette
- Do not rest bars, weights or dumbbells on benches.
- Do not drop dumbbells or bars without bumper plates.
- Return all equipment to its proper place.
- Users are asked to be courteous and refrain from foul language, inappropriate actions and conversations.
- Do not monopolize equipment — Allow others to work in.
Washington and Lee reserves the right to refuse admittance to the Fitness Center for non-compliance with the above requirements.
Use of the W&L Fitness Center and equipment involves inherent risks. By using the W&L Fitness Center and equipment, users ex-pressly agree to assume and accept any and all associated risks. W&L is not responsible for any injuries or damages that occur as a result of the improper use of the W&L Fitness Center and/or equipment.