Information for Staff
Employment and Pay Policies
Work from Home Resources
- ITS offers a variety of university-supported tools to help employees maintain collaborative efficiencies while off-campus.
- Human Resources offers Guidelines and Tips for Working Remotely.
Health and Well-Being:
Faculty and Staff with personal health questions: Contact your medical provider
Employee non-medical support resources: Faculty/Employee Assistance Program, 800-992-1931
- Public information related to the virus: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Virginia Department of Health.
Updated March 15, 2020
Effective 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 14, until further notice:
- All university facilities will be closed to the public. No visitors or guests will be permitted in academic buildings, athletic facilities, libraries, museums, student residences or dining facilities.
- All campus events are canceled.
- All events for prospective students and families, including admission visits, tours, information sessions and admitted student days, are canceled.
- All athletic competitions are canceled.
All university travel must be approved by the appropriate dean or vice president, who will determine whether it is essential.
We will continue to monitor the spread of the virus and make changes to policies as necessary to protect the health and safety of our community.
Updated March 13, 2020
Per the university's new policies prohibiting visitors to campus taking effect 12:00 p.m. Sunday, Mach 14 through Saturday, April 18, it is necessary to change plans regarding search-related travel for candidates. As you know, all university facilities will be closed to the public. No visitors or guests will be permitted in academic buildings, athletic facilities, libraries, museums, student residences or dining facilities. Given this policy change, candidate travel to campus for this time period must be canceled. Any candidate that has purchased travel out of pocket will be reimbursed by the university.
You can offer remote interviews in place of scheduled on-campus interviews, and to move forward with searches where interviews have not yet been scheduled. Please use Skype as appropriate for first-round interviews, and in circumstances where all interviewers will be present in one location.
If you need to use Zoom due to search committee members accessing the interview from multiple locations, or because you have a visiting faculty candidate who will need to give a teaching demonstration, contact Julie Knudson or Sierra Gray. We will need to know: 1) who will be setting up the Zoom interview, and 2) the dates that you need access to Zoom. We can provide access to a temporary Zoom license for the duration of your interview process. When your interview process is complete, the license will be used for other university business.
Recommendations for travel related to recruitment will follow the recommendations of the university's Emergency Operations Group, which is posting updates at http://go.wlu.edu/coronavirus.