Undergraduate Student Statement of W&L Community Values for Winter Term
Our primary goal for Winter Term is to remain on campus to teach, learn, and connect with one another as much as possible given the current circumstances created by the pandemic. To do so, we will need to stem the spread of COVID-19 among our students, faculty and staff by sharing a philosophy of protecting ourselves and one another, and upholding a common set of values.
I affirm that:
- I will work collectively to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 and understand that my actions affect other members of the community and others' actions affect me.
- I will comply with all current university guidelines and restrictions as posted on the COVID-19 Resources website, even if public health recommendations are less stringent, and will limit my close contacts as much as possible.
- I understand that failure to comply with university guidelines and restrictions puts all students, faculty, and staff at risk and may result in disciplinary action, and I will support the university in its efforts to minimize the spread of COVID-19 by complying with conduct investigations.
- I will attest daily, using the university's attestation application, to any symptoms and known close contact with individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19.
- I will participate in screening, contact, and surveillance testing for COVID-19 when requested by the university, and consent to the release of screening and testing information to the university and local public health authorities as needed to minimize spread of the virus.
- I will seek testing at the Student Health Center if I experience symptoms of COVID-19. In addition, I will report any positive COVID-19 test results for myself or any close contacts to the Student Health Center within 12 hours of receiving the test result.
- If I am diagnosed with COVID-19, I will follow all university instructions related to isolation and monitoring regardless of location, and will be forthcoming in disclosing close contacts to designated Student Health Center staff responsible for contact tracing.
- I will not attend in-person class, social functions, or any other co-curricular or extracurricular activity on or off campus if I am ill, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- If I am identified as a close contact of someone with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, I will follow all university instructions related to quarantine, monitoring for symptoms, and recommended testing, regardless of location.
- I will respect and follow the stated guidelines of local businesses and public spaces in the Lexington and Rockbridge community.