Acknowledgement of Quarantine Expectations
As per the Statement of Community Expectations, I have previously agreed that if I am identified as a contact of someone with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, I will follow all University and public health recommendations related to quarantine and monitoring.
I acknowledge that I am now in quarantine due to a possible exposure to someone with COVID-19. Release from quarantine will generally be 14 days from most recent contact with a suspected or confirmed case, or as determined by Dr. Horton in the Student Health Center, based on recommendation of the Virginia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A representative of the Student Health Center will notify me of my discharge from quarantine, and I will assume myself to remain in quarantine until that time.
Quarantine is the separation of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.
I acknowledge that I will adhere to quarantine guidelines, as follows:
- Only leave my room for essential reasons. Essential reasons are limited to using the restroom, retrieving food deliveries from the designated drop-off area, visiting the Student Health Center (by appointment), or going to a scheduled COVID testing appointment. In addition, I may occasionally leave the building to take a walk. If I choose to do this, I will walk by myself, masked, and I will be careful to limit this activity to less populated areas and stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Wear a mask that covers my mouth and nose whenever outside of my room
- Stay at least six feet away from others at all times
- Not see visitors, including other residents of the quarantine or isolation halls
- Not share kitchen utensils, plates, cups, towels, or any other personal articles
- Wash my hands frequently and use hand-sanitizer when leaving and returning to my room
I understand and agree that by confirming my receipt of this Acknowledgement of Quarantine Expectations, I am evidencing my understanding and agreement to follow the stated expectations and that, under the Statement of Community Expectations, my violations of any of these expectations will be addressed as a conduct matter resulting in consequences up to and including my removal from campus.