Acknowledgement of Isolation Expectations
As per the Statement of Community Expectations, I have previously agreed that if I am diagnosed with COVID-19, I will follow all University and public health recommendations related to isolation and monitoring.
I acknowledge that I am in isolation due to being diagnosed with COVID-19, or due to my having symptoms indicative of COVID-19 pending a positive test result. Release from isolation will be determined by Dr. Horton in the Student Health Center, based on recommendation of the Virginia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A representative of the Student Health Center will notify me of my discharge from isolation, and I will assume myself to remain in isolation until that time.
Isolation is the separation of sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
I acknowledge that I will adhere to the following isolation guidelines:
- Only leave my room for essential reasons. Essential reasons are limited to using the restroom, retrieving food deliveries from the designated drop-off area, visiting the Student Health Center (by appointment), or going to a scheduled COVID testing appointment. In addition, I may occasionally leave the building to take a walk. If I choose to do this, I will walk by myself, masked, and I will be careful to limit this activity to less populated areas and stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Wear a mask that covers my mouth and nose when outside of my room
- Stay at least six feet away from others at all times
- Not see visitors, including other residents of the quarantine or isolation halls
- Not share kitchen utensils, plates, cups, towels, or any other personal articles
- Wash my hands frequently and use hand-sanitizer when leaving and returning to my room
I understand and agree that by confirming my receipt of this Acknowledgement of Isolation Expectations, I am evidencing my understanding and agreement to follow the stated expectations and that, under the Statement of Community Expectations, my violations of any of these expectations will be addressed as a conduct matter resulting in consequences up to and including my removal from campus.