Weekend Gatherings and Reminder of Restrictions - Undergraduate Students
To: W&L Undergraduate Students
From: Sidney Evans, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, and Paul Youngman, Associate Provost and COVID-19 Committee Chair
Date: Saturday, September 5
We have had several reports of student gatherings this weekend that were in violation of the COVID-19 restrictions. These have primarily consisted of outdoor gatherings where students were in close proximity to one another and were not wearing face coverings.
We'd like to remind all of our students that although the residential visitors rule was revised slightly yesterday to include current W&L students outside your core group of housemates, ALL other restrictions remain in place, including the following:
- Physical distancing of at least six feet is required at all times, in all locations, indoors and out
- Face coverings required at all gatherings, at all times, unless you are outdoors and more than six feet apart
- No indoor gatherings, on or off campus, of more than 10 people
- No outdoor gatherings, on or off campus, of more than 25 people
- No visitors other than current W&L students in residences, including residential halls, townhouses, apartments, Greek houses, and off-campus housing
If you choose not to comply, sanctions include fines, conduct probation, and removal from on-campus classes and on-campus housing. Failure to be respectful of Residential Life staff will result in an additional conduct charge.
As a reminder, the health environment and our ability to remain on campus for the full term is tenuous and subject to change at a moment's notice. Your decisions and actions can and will make a difference one way or the other.