Update for Fall Term - Law Students
To: W&L Law Students
From: Trenya Mason, Assistant Dean of Law Student Affairs
Date: Thursday, October 29
Below is this week's update on the university's response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please remember to check the COVID-19 Resources website for the latest campus messages and resources, and to submit your questions to email@example.com.
Upcoming COVID-19 Committee Office Hours
The COVID-19 Committee is continuing its office hours in the coming weeks. Thanks to those who came to the Oct. 22 session. Office hours are held via Zoom and you can use the links below to drop in. We look forward to seeing you!
- Oct. 30 at 10 - 11 a.m.: https://wlu.zoom.us/j/96330924305
- Nov. 5 at 11 a.m. - Noon: https://wlu.zoom.us/j/99575132236
- Nov. 13 at 3 - 4 p.m.: https://wlu.zoom.us/j/93923448222
End of Term Pre-Departure Testing Option
During the week of Nov. 16, the on-campus COVID-19 testing clinic will include optional appointments for students who are leaving campus and will be in close contact with high-risk individuals at their destination. Here's what you need to know:
- A negative COVID-19 test reflects your status only on the day the sample was collected.
- If you receive a positive COVID-19 test prior to departure, you will need to isolate for 10 days before it is safe for you to travel and visit friends and family. You will need to be prepared to comply with this public health measure if your pre-departure COVID-19 test result is positive.
- There will be some on-campus isolation space with dining services delivery available during that time, though space and services will be limited. The Student Health Center will close at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 24 for the Winter Break. Until classes resume in January, anyone with urgent healthcare needs will have to use community healthcare resources such as Velocity Care Urgent Care or the hospital emergency room as appropriate.
- Prevention measures such as consistent use of face coverings, physical distancing, and frequent hand/environmental disinfection, remain critically important. Everyone should use extra care to follow these precautions in the 14 days prior to contact with any high-risk individuals, including during travel.
- If you wish to schedule a pre-departure COVID-19 test, please e-mail Covid19Testing@wlu.edu. The appointments will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Halloween Weekend Precautions
W&L's COVID-19 Environment Level remains at yellow-high. Please plan your weekend and Halloween activities in ways that comply with the current COVID-19 restrictions and continue taking the necessary precautions. Wearing face coverings, physical distancing, limiting your close contacts, and keeping gatherings within the current size limits will go a long way toward helping us slow the spread of the virus on our campus!
Caught You! (doing the right thing, that is!)
Public Safety continues its weekly recognition raffle program to "catch" students doing the right things (e.g., physical distancing, wearing face coverings). Public safety officers are recognizing students on the spot for COVID-safe behaviors, and handing out raffle tickets for great prizes! Follow this program on social media: WLUPubSafe on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Reminder - Get Your Seasonal Flu Shot
Free flu shots continue to be available to all students by appointment at the Student Health Center any time 24/7 (except 12-1 p.m. and 6-7 p.m. daily). Please call ahead for a nurse appointment as there are no walk ins for flu shots at the SHC. Students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of this free opportunity and get a flu shot this year.