Weekly COVID-19 Committee Update - Faculty and Staff
To: W&L Faculty and Staff
From: COVID-19 Committee
Date: Thursday, November 5
Below is this week's update on the university's response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please remember to check the COVID-19 Resources website for the latest campus messages, resources, and FAQs that are being updated regularly, and to submit your questions to email@example.com.
End of Term Pre-Departure Testing
There are still spots available for optional end of term/pre-departure COVID-19 testing on Nov. 16 and 17 for faculty and staff who will be in close contact with high-risk individuals at the start of the break and would like to get tested. As a reminder:
- A negative test reflects your status only on the day the sample was collected and does not ensure the safety of you or your close contacts.
- If you receive a positive test prior to departure, you will need to isolate for 10 days before it is safe for you to interact with friends and family.
- Consistent use of face coverings, physical distancing, and frequent hand and environmental disinfection remain critically important and you should use extra care to follow these precautions in the 14 days prior to contact with any high-risk individuals.
- E-mail Covid19Testing@wlu.edu to schedule an end of term test.
January Winter Term Arrival Testing and Testing Exemptions
Mandatory re-arrival COVID-19 testing for employees will take place Jan. 11-15, 2021. Employees can expect to receive more information about appointment scheduling in December. If you do not plan to work on campus in January 2021 and believe you should be exempt from January arrival testing, please notify Anne Remington (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Dec. 4.
Daily Attestation in November and December
Please continue to complete your Daily Attestation through Sunday, Dec. 20. You will not need to complete the attestation during the university's winter break. Employees will receive details about community expectations and the daily attestation for Winter Term in December.
Reminder: Thanksgiving/Winter Break Travel and Returning to Campus
There are no restrictions on traveling out of state over Thanksgiving or the winter break; however, employees will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days following their return to Lexington. Please work with your supervisor to coordinate your work schedule during the required self-quarantine period. No self-quarantine will be required if traveling within the State of Virginia during the holidays.
Reminder: Student Conduct Data
COVID-related student conduct data are being made available to interested faculty and staff and can be found on Box in the file: Student Conduct at W&L During COVID.
Recent Communications (as information)
- On Nov. 5, the Office of Law Student Affairs sent an email to law students about COVID-19 Committee office hours and optional departure testing.
- On Nov. 4, the COVID-19 Committee sent an email to undergraduate students with information about campus activities for students, COVID-19 Committee office hours, optional departure testing, and local testing events.
- On Oct. 29, the Assistant Dean of Law Student Affairs sent an email to law students with information on about COVID-19 Committee office hours, optional departure testing, and Halloween.
- On Oct. 28, the COVID-19 Committee sent an email to undergraduate students with information about campus activities for students, COVID-19 Committee office hours, optional departure testing, Halloween, and local testing events.