Important Information About COVID-19 Vaccination Availability - Faculty and Staff
To: W&L Faculty and Staff
From: COVID-19 Committee
Date: Monday, January 25
Human Resources and the COVID-19 Committee have received a number of questions from employees about availability of an on-campus COVID-19 vaccination clinic. W&L is actively working with the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and the Central Shenandoah Health District (CSHD), as well as local pharmacies, to schedule a vaccination clinic for our employees as soon as possible. At this point in time, however, we are not able to secure a clinic due to limited availability of the vaccine in our health district.
According to CSHD, the demand for vaccine in our health district exceeds the available supply due to a limited supply coming from the federal level to VDH, who then allocates to our district. Vaccine availability will be limited for the next 4-6 weeks, and district vaccine allocations will be used to finish Phase 1a groups, and start efforts on a few of the top Phase 1b groups, including those aged 65+, and some K-12 education staff.
Getting our campus community vaccinated as early as possible remains a priority and we will keep you apprised of progress as we continue to work to schedule an on-campus clinic. In the meantime, employees who qualify may be able to get the vaccine sooner, and we encourage you to do so at your earliest opportunity.
CSHD has a number of resources to help you know when the vaccine will be available to you:
- If you are aged 65 and up, fill out the CSHD's Request for Individual Vaccination Survey. When you complete this survey your name will be added to a queue to receive notification when a COVID-19 vaccine is available to you and to provide you with information on how to register.
- If you are aged 16-64 years with certain conditions or disabilities that increase your risk of severe illness from COVID-19, sign up for CSHD's COVID-19 Vaccine Update to receive notification when vaccinations begin for this group.
- If you are none of the above or in phase 1c and want to receive updates about vaccine distribution efforts, sign up for CSHD's COVID-19 Vaccine Update.
- If you are unsure of which phase of COVID-19 vaccine eligibility you belong to, complete the VDH Eligibility Tool.
- For the latest CSHD COVID-19 vaccination plans and timing, visit the CSHD's website or follow CSHD on Facebook, where they will post important COVID-19 vaccine updates.