Continued Dedensification of Campus - Faculty and Staff
To: W&L Faculty and Staff
From: COVID-19 Committee
Date: Monday, January 4
We hope you all enjoyed a safe and relaxing Winter Break. As we return to work this week, the number of COVID-19 cases continues to rise across the country, as well as in Lexington and Rockbridge County. Several positive employee cases were reported over the break, and those who have recently tested positive for the virus have been instructed to isolate at home.
The health and wellbeing of our campus and larger communities remain a priority, and we are asking for your help in continuing to limit the number of people working on campus to the extent possible. Aside from those who have been asked to isolate or self-quarantine, there are no restrictions on returning to work on campus. However, we ask that you consult with your supervisor, and if you can perform your work entirely from home, that you continue to do so.
We also ask that all employees continue to:
- Keep a distance of at least six feet from one another at all times, indoors and out.
- Wear face coverings at all times, unless you are outdoors, stationary, and more than six feet apart.
- Limit your number of close contacts.
- Complete the Daily Attestation each day, answer yes if you are experiencing any symptoms, and follow the instructions from Human Resources if you answer yes.
- Hold meetings virtually whenever possible. Meetings that have already been scheduled may occur as needed, following guidance related to distancing and face coverings.
Arrival baseline testing for employees begins tomorrow and will continue through the end of next week. Employees will receive an individual e-mail with instructions for scheduling a test. More detailed information regarding the enhanced testing program for this term will be sent in a separate update.
We appreciate the enormous efforts and sacrifices our faculty and staff are making during this challenging time, and we thank those of you who can work remotely for helping create a safer environment for those whose jobs require them to work on campus.