Update for Fall Term - Law Students
To: W&L Law Students
From: Sidney Evans, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Date: Thursday, August 27
Below is this week's update on the university's response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please remember to check the COVID-19 Resources website for the latest campus messages, resources, and FAQs that are being updated regularly, and to submit your questions to email@example.com.
Reminder - Required Daily Health Attestation
All students residing in the Lexington/Rockbridge area are required to complete the symptom/exposure check (https://attest.wlu.edu) each day as a part of their own regular health monitoring routine, even if they are not scheduled to come on to campus.
Reminder - Personal Travel from Campus
All personal travel outside of the Lexington/Rockbridge area is strongly discouraged at this time, regardless of location. While prior approval is not required, all travel should be logged in the Daily Attestation application. Given the current spread of COVID-19, it is recommended that you self-quarantine for 14-days upon your return.
Richard L. Duchossois Athletic and Recreation Center is Open
- From Aug. 24 through Aug. 30, W&L Athletics Staff and W&L students, faculty and staff who have an academic class in the Athletic and Recreation Center are allowed into the facility.
- Starting Aug. 31, all current W&L faculty, staff and students will be permitted entrance during designated hours. No visitors or family members of employees will be allowed access to the facility per university guidelines.
Information regarding the facility's specific hours of operation and capacity limitations be will communicated in the near future. To help contribute to the health and safety of the community, all users of the facility are expected to adhere to university and public health and safety guidelines, including the use of personal protective equipment and physical distancing at all times. A University ID card is required for building access.
For Your Reference
- W&L COVID-19 Resources website
- Statement of Community Expectations
- Statement of Student Life Principles and Expectations
- Consequences for Student Noncompliance with Community Expectations