Lack of Compliance and Conduct Sanctions – Law Students
To: W&L Law Students
From: Sidney Evans, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Date: Tuesday, August 25
The COVID-19 Committee raised the Dashboard Environment Level Indicator from yellow-low to yellow-middle level on Aug. 25 based on the following factors:
- Lack of compliance with social distancing, face coverings, and expectations for social gatherings
- Lack of compliance with Daily Attestation requirement
It is critical that all students comply with the below requirements, which will be strictly enforced to help keep the community safe.
- No indoor gatherings, on or off campus, of more than 10 people
- No outdoor gatherings, on or off campus, of more than 25 people
- Face coverings required at all gatherings, at all times, unless you are outdoors and more than six feet apart
- Physical distancing of at least six feet is required at all times, in all locations, indoors and out
Quite simply, we should all treat every person as if they have COVID-19, and act accordingly by taking the necessary precautions.
Failure to comply will lead to sanctions by the university, including fines, conduct probation, and removal from on-campus classes. Students removed from on-campus classes will be required to complete their 2020-2021 academic coursework remotely. If it is not feasible to complete academic coursework remotely, the student may submit a Leave of Absence request or be subject to withdrawal for the remainder of the term or academic year.