Undergraduate Commencement: May 26, 2011
Washington and Lee to Hold 224th Undergraduate Commencement
Washington and Lee University will celebrate its 224th undergraduate commencement on Thursday, May 26, on its historic Front Lawn in front of Lee Chapel. It will award bachelor's degrees to just more than 400 students.
- Baccalaureate Service: May 25, 2011
- Commencement Exercises: May 26, 2011
- What Will You Remember?: Graduates Reflect on Four Years at W&L
Official commencement photos are available for purchase in the University Photo Store.
Where in the World?
An interactive map of where our graduates will go after graduation.
- Baccalaureate Address: Christopher Beeley, Walter H. Gray Associate Professor of Anglican Studies and Patristics at the Berkeley Divinity School of Yale University
- Commencement Address: President Kenneth P. Ruscio
- Class of 2011 Remarks: Scott Centorino ’11, president of the Executive Committee of the student body
Class of 2011 Profiles:
- Read more about members of the Class of 2011
- View a map of where graduates are headed after Lexington
Class of 2011 Statistics:
- We have 395 students graduating May 26th, 17 of whom are earning both a BA and BS degree (record: 20 in 2010).
- Including fall graduates, the Class of 2011 totaled 406 students
- Cumulative GPA: 3.373
- Graduates completed 35 different majors, 30.5% with more than one major (record: 34.5% in 2010), 0 students completed three majors (record: 3 in 2010)
- This is the second year of students graduating with minors. 112 members of the class (28%) completed at least one minor.
- Average 124.5 credits completed (record: 128 in 2007 & 2009), 17 graduates with 150 or more credits (record: 20 in 2008), three with over 160. Only 38 (9%) completed the bare minimum 113 required for the degree.
- Graduates completed 35 different majors. 30.5% completed more than one major.
- Graduates in the class hailed from 39 states, Washington, D.C., and 17 other countries
Awards and Fellowships:
Honor Society Initiates:
Law Commencement: May 7, 2011
The 156th commencement ceremony for the Washington and Lee University School of Law was held on Saturday, May 7, 2011, at 11:00 a.m., on the Front Lawn of the main campus.