Spring Course Design Workshop Resources and Links April 23, 2020
Part 1: Creating Goals
Part 2: Structuring Your Course
- Go to the ACUE website and scroll down to the section entitled "Organize Your Course"
- Crowdsourced active research in multiple fields: Zooniverse
- Bard's Center for Experimental Humanities, which contains ideas that can be applied in any field.
- A good site on Problem-Based Learning from the University of Illinois.
Part 3: Creating Community
- Go to the ACUE website and scroll down to the section entitled "Welcome Students"
- How to use Breakout Rooms. (Please note: you must set up Breakout Rooms before you begin your Zoom session!)
- Go to the ACUE website and scroll down to the section entitled "Plan and facilitating quality discussions"
Part 4: Managing the Workload
- Links for Ungrading:
- Links for grading contracts:
- Responding to student work using audio comments:
- Sydney Bufkin's really excellent VIA presentation. The entire presentation is very informative, but if you're looking just for the technical side of things, go to 30:20.